Monday, November 17, 2008
Vacating the Premises ...
Well it appears a sign that looks just like this one will soon grace our lawn. The month before we had Aiden we got a letter in the mail addressed to the owners of the home we're renting stating that they were 6 months delinquent on their mortgage payments, we notified the property managers and nothing became of it. It was our fault for not following up, but with the baby coming and Kimball starting rotations it just slipped our minds. Well we received letters from about 15 different law firms on Friday all with statements like "Get out of Foreclosure for Free" in big bold letters. We called the property managers again and long story short..the owners are almost a year behind in mortgage payments and were using the rent we were paying for something else, and are subsequently waiting for the home to foreclose and be sold at auction. Said auction will take place the first Tuesday of next month..which is in 15 days! The property manager continued to say that they no longer represent them (the owners) as clients, they will mail us our deposit in full (no inspection) and basically are jumping this sinking ship that we are now living in. In an attempt to be positive I'm now going to list the pros to this situation
1) I don't have to re-paint, clean, repair, or do any work for my deposit
2) My mom might come out to help us move!
3) There is a house available with 4 bedrooms instead of 3 (craft room!), a fireplace, and about 600 more square feet! Its also in our ward boundaries so we wouldnt have to say goodbye to our ward family!(Just when you thought you were getting rid of us =)
4) We've already had a huge outpouring of help from friends who have offered to watch kids, help us move, and even live with them while we try to find another place!We also have a friend in the mortgage business who has been a tremendous amount of help (thanks Michelle!)
5) We won't have to pay rent in December since there won't be anyone to pay rent to...maybe some new couches to put into a new house! At the very least we get to pocket the money!
6) Finally there was a SpongeBob Squarepants marathon on Nickelodeon today so Mya was entertained while I was on the phone all day with property managers, law firms, etc. She gets to go to school tomorrow and learn new things so I'm not to upset about her watching t.v. all day long!
and since there isn't enough time to list all of the negative things I'll just keep trying to focus on the positive. Please pray for us that this will all work out!