Saturday, October 18, 2008

Photo Tag!


I actually am kinda worn out on the "Tagged" thing (thanks anyway Carlye) but I thought this one was kindof fun. What you do is go into the 4th picture folder on your computer, then choose the 4th picture in it and blog it. This picture was taken only a few weeks after Mya and I made our journey to our new home in Fort Worth. This was her first swim, at a BBQ for all the new med students at one of the professors' houses. I actually look at this picture and think about how far we've come from then. How much we've been through on this ridiculously difficult ride of med school. Maybe I only see it this way because things are especially hard right now. But I am grateful that we are in the home stretch. I think about graduation day and I cry, I know I'll be crying when he finally gets his name called. It's funny what pictures make us think of. She was so tiny, I love how they are staring at eachother. He's looking at her and she's looking at him...our first time trying to be good parents, in a place where all we had was eachother, probably our biggest leap of faith......ANYWAY I'm pretty sure this is suppose to be a funny post so I'll tag someone who will lighten the mood. I tag all my sisters...so Marinda, Andrea, and "Suzanne" your it! P.S. Try not to be a downer like me!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Don't be down! I say that, so now don't read my posts tonight. Theyll be downers.

Becky Davis said...

Don't think it's bad, Holly. We need times in our lives to look back on and to see where we've come from and how far we've progressed! We also need to know that we can do good and will continue to work hard and there will be rewards in the end. Enough of my 'parent' philosophy! I love you kids and are proud of you both. Love, mom

Humphrey Family said...

I can't possibly imagine what you and your family are going through because Medical School is tough. Especially when you are the wife of a medical student. You are in the FINAL STRETCH and it is going to be so worth it in the end. You have a wonderful family and you are such a strong woman, I know you can do it! Lean on your friends and family for support, we are all here for you.