Monday, January 23, 2012

Sleeping like a man

Well as you can see our son has decided that it's time to start sleeping like a man. I see a lot of his father in him everyday but this scene had Kimball written all over it...asleep with his hands behind his head, reading not only a book, but a book about superheroes no less (totally Kimball). It goes beyond this still as I have recently gone to check on him before turning in for the night, on more than one occasion, to find he has shed all pajamas and is fast asleep under the covers with only his pull-up, a ritual Kimball always thinks of fondly from his former years (minus the pull-up of course)...and where does the apple fall?


Chloe bell had her 4 month appointment this past week and is tipping the scales at nearly 17 lbs. putting her in the 95%, she's also in the 95% for her height but I can't remember what the actual stat was. The only one who has outdone her at this point is Mya who was in the 98%...we make em' big apparently. Kimball has been diligently studying for his inservice exam, so our nights have often looked like this. I appreciate how hard he tries to spend time with the children even if its just a few minutes before bed....Ahhh, the life of residents!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I found myslef thinking of you today and when I went to find you on facebook and tell you hi, you were no where to be found.

Ohmygoodness you kiddos are getting so big! I wish Ally was big. She is almost 5 months now (on the 11th) and she is still only 14 lbs. She was and continues to be tiny. This week, she slept through the night twice, but then quit, so I'm definitely jealous there. And I am having the same problem with napping. She cat naps here and there, but not enough for me to get anything done. I turned around today and found that it was 4 o'clock and I hadn't even done the morning dishes yet.

I feel your pain, Sister! Miss you so much! Now you are gone and Katy is gone, and I never see Kathy. Boo!

P.S. That is a reeealllyy cool Superhero book!! ;)