Saturday, June 28, 2008

scrapbooking woes...

scrapbooking

This is probably the most "journaling" I will be doing on this blog so bear with me. I wanted to just throw something "out there" that hopefully some of you my friends will understand...a subject that has given me a fair amount of stress for the past while. Let me start at the beginning. My husband's grandparents are more or less at the "jumping off place" in life and felt strongly that they wanted to have a family reunion. For this reunion, occurring this upcoming fourth of July weekend, the family decided to put a scrapbook together for them containing pages made by each family. This is the part where you are going to start judging me I just know it (j/k). Well since my entire closet of scrapbooking stuff is buried beneath two years of dust, I thought a good place to start would be to pick up one of the many scrapbooking magazines to get some ideas. Keep in mind this is only two 12x12 pages we're talking about here. As I flip through the many many cute creations, my mind starts racing, my pulse is getting faster, beads of sweat are rolling down my face, I'm finding it hard to breath...I'm having a full on anxiety attack! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!.....Not only have I not recorded in any way a whole bunch of Mya's milestones in life, but I've missed birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, graduations, first christmas's, cute things mya has done, Kimball's acceptance to school, first day of school, family trips, pregnancy milestones (both pregnancies), the move, our old house, Mya's first pony tail...OH MY GOSH, I'm the worst mom in the entire world....Looking at all of these wonderful and cute ideas, and I havent done one of them to record any of my memories. You are probably thinking calm down, I know, but it must have been the preggo hormones, cause I was beside myself. The only consolation I could take from all of this, is that I have pictures of most of these events, but how will I ever catch up, especially when I should be getting ready to record the event of a second child in our family that is coming in 5 weeks! How overwhelming. This is very frustrating to me, because it seems my creative self follows a pattern of high energy when I wanna go create right then and there, and then after a brief period of that it goes into hibernation for at least a year until I have one of these melt downs. So, here is my new resolve. I know myself better than to say I'll do a page a week..I won't. So at the beginning of each month, Kimball and I are gonna compare schedules, and sit down and figure out a day for a daddy daughter activity while I pull out my table and my truck load of stuff and sit down and try and get at least one thing finished. I'm gonna go through my pictures and make a list of pages I want to do, and hopefully check them off one by one. If any of you have this dilemma, you are more than welcome to come over and we'll get something done together. And for those of you who I see often, please try to encourage me to stay on track. Anyway, thats all for now, I think I'll go and stew over this for little longer.

10 comments:

Meredith said...

You have an entire lifetime to scrapbook these events Holls. You will accomplish it soon enough- you'll do great!

Anonymous said...

2 PAGES for the scrapbook??!! I thought we only had to make 1?? NOW I am really stressed! See ya on the 5th

Sarah

Kathy said...

I would love to come scrap with you, I have been also meaning to get back into it. Just let me know when you plan a day.

Just Breathe!

K said...

I'm in on scrapbooking. I have a few pages of my HIGH school pictures done and lets just say I have been out of high school for a while. If it's on a weekend I can come. Let me know.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I am interested if timing fits

SandraK said...

Oh, Holly,
Try being 24 years behind when you start scrapbooking. I've done 12 full books--not great or wonderful necessarily but done and journaled. Now I have 2000 pictures of JC for Karey plus the rest of his mission pictures. The only way I've done it is by going to my CM nights and a retreat each year. I don't scrapbook at home except for rare ocassions like this reunion.

Manda said...

I hate to laugh at this but I did mainly because this will be me in a few years... but atleast you want to do it. I have no passion and no yearning to do this because every attempt I have ever had at scrapbooking is a disaster so... your doing better than me with the effort!!! By the way I can't believe the baby is due in 5 weeks!!!

Michelle Stocking said...

I just want to say that you crack me up! You should be a writer. . .

The Tall and Short of it said...

I am in too!! I got a cute book from CM! So exciting!!

Robin said...

I met yoru brother in law a the picnic he seemed nice. Did you get your page done. I understand how you feel I havelots to do, but just can't seem to make myself. Something Meridith and I used to do all the time, she was better at it