Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hooter Hiders and other things...

So we went to spend an evening with some of our friends the other night,friends that had just happened to have a brand new baby girl. My husband warned me not to touch her, he even told me not to sit too close, so that I wouldn't get a whiff of the baby smell. Well I couldn't resist and I walked away with a nasty case of "the babies". Even though it seems to be incurable, I've been trying lately to fill the void by making things for other babies, mostly so I'd have an excuse to go and hold them again...so far it's not working but I've made some pretty cute things at the very least. Time to share..and if you want any of the links for the tutorials just leave a comment!The hooter hider, otherwise known as a nursing shield, way easy, way cute, I'd use one myself if I wasn't such a milk dud. Are the circles to suggestive of whats hiding underneath?


These crinkle toys are really cute! What is with babies and their obsession with plastic bags? These toys have crinkle cellphane sewn inside, so now babies can have their plastic bags and eat them too!



These appliqued t-shirts were a gift for my trainer who is getting ready to have a baby in November. He's a huge Chicago bears fan and he has a band thus the shapes. I had my friend Katy make me some of her darling bows to match. For her etsy store click here
I also sewed a rag quilt for baby Alex that I posted a couple weeks ago. Anyway since none of these have really done anything to cure the baby hunger, I've decided to start quilting (with the help of my mother who is coming soon!) and I'm hoping this will do the trick...




here's hopin...

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Your funny! I don't have baby fever, thank goodness! They are all so cute! So give us the links to all of them, pretty please!!!!

I have a good life said...

Wow! I love it all. You are so talented and it is all soooooo cute! :)

Clarissa said...

Well you are just ridiculously creative and crafty! Really, that's amazing, you Martha you...