Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Today you are 4....

Today you are 4 days old, and I'm still getting used to the idea of being your mom, I'm trying to wrap my mind around such a big responsibility. You are the tiniest thing I've ever seen. You sleep a lot...except at night. You are one of the best things I have ever done.

Today you are 4 months old, we spend most of our time together while dad is at school.Leisurely doing whatever it is we want, just you and I. You are the chubbiest thing I've ever seen. I'm learning new things about you, like what makes you laugh and what makes you cry, more often than not we laugh and cry at the same time.

Today you are 1 year old, where oh where did the time go? Your personality is shining through, you are a wonderful mixture of your mom's dramatic side and your dad's mellow side. You are not only doing funny things, but beginning to say even funnier things.


Today we brought your brother home, and now its no longer just you and me all day. You are a natural at being a big sister. You seemed to age overnight when he arrived. Now our roles as a family seem to be more clear. Not one more important than the other, but parts of a whole.Your role, for now, will always be daughter, sister, and First born. You do the job fantastically.
Today you are still four....but tomorrow you'll be five. My heart breaks because we keep moving closer to a time when we may not see eachother every day. My heart sings because I think about all the wonderful things that are still in store for you. So for your birthday, my precious girl, my wish to you is that you'll always be as kind, loving, inquisitive, brave, patient, and sweet when you turn 5, as you are today while you're still 4.

3 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

what a creative thoughtful post you are a good writer

Unknown said...

That's so sweet. Happy Birthday to one of the funniest, quirkiest, prettiest little girls around!

Carlye said...

Your'e a good writer. Did you know?