This week....This week, this week, this week....this week was a doozie. It started with Monday just like every other week does usually and got progressively worse until the week ended like it usually does on Saturday.
- Problem #1: Aiden- as I mentioned in the previous post, talking to him is like talking to a dead cat. I shall now revise my statement to likening it to talking to my dead cat that my mom took to the "special place" to be put to sleep 14 years ago in Utah which is 1500 miles away. It's like talking to that cat. Not only is it dead, but it's so long gone you can barely remember what it looked like, or that it even existed. Okay, enough with the dramatics. Suffice it to say our listening problem continues to get worse. So much so that Thursday night he laid in his bed from the hours of 3pm to 7pm, because he had punched his sister for the third time that day, so I told him that he was going to bed early. We both cried.
- Problem #2 Chloe- she has been so fussy, and unwilling to take an appreciable nap, but she continues to sleep through the night so I will make an end of complaining about her.
- Problem #3 I can't seem to be able to look past these things and simply come to grips that non-listening children and fussy babies are what comes with the territory of being a mom. In the moment all I can hear is Aiden crying from time out and Chloe crying from her crib and I begin to think that nobody has ever had such a difficult life as me.
I called my sister who in her seasoned motherly wisdom said "Count your blessings, name them one by one" with emphasis on "one by one" ...literally count them. So to conclude this week and this rant I will list my top ten blessings that I came up with as I began to count.
- My loving Heavenly Father and the knowledge that he lives and loves me
- My Eldest Brother and Savior and the knowledge that he died for me and lives today
- My membership in the true church upon the Earth
- My husband who comes home from a 14hr. day and lets me lay in bed the rest of the night while he tags in to take care of the hungry attention starved kids
- My Healthy children who are growing like weeds and despite them not listening they bring me the greatest joy I have ever felt
- My parents and parents in law who support us beyond degree in every way. Emotionally, Physically, Financially, Mentally, Spiritually.
- My sisters who also support and love me and tell me "this too shall pass"
- My Friends and ward family who come and pick up the punks without asking and go out to dinner with me at 9pm so I can rant some more.
- My warm and comfortable home where I can be with my family in peace.
- My own health that allows me to take care of my kids, which is the only thing I actually want to be doing despite its difficulties.
Of course I could go on but I'll do that on my own. Hopefully next week I'll be singin a different tune. Till then'...